The Maryland State Department of Education and the Governor’s Interagency Transition Council for Youth with Disabilities offer helpful articles on transition, college, employment services, health care, transportation, and more.
From the Maryland Transitioning Youth Website:
- What is Transition?
- IDEA, ADA and 504
- Transition Planning Guides
- Exit Document: What is it?
- Getting an Identification Card
- Self Advocacy & Determination
- Transition Programs & Services
- Exploring Your Options
- Financial Aid
- Understanding Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Work Study & Internships
- Additional Resources
- Preparing for Employment
- Work Based Opportunities, Summer Jobs, and Internships
- Disability Employment Services
- Job Seeking Resources
- Working While Maintaining Benefits
- The Transition Process
- Finding a Physician
- Planning to Attend College?
- Private Insurance
- Medical Assistance
- Mental Health Services
- Primary Adult Care Program
- Employed Individuals with Disabilities Program
- Advance Directives
- Public Transit & Paratransit
- Travel Training
- Driver’s Education & Licenses
- Additional Driving Resources
- Taxi Services