By Dennise Goldberg
Special Education Advisor Blog
10. Parents have the right to request that their child be assessed for Special Education without delay.
9. Parents have the right to list all of their concerns in the IEP.
8. Parents have a right to request a new IEP meeting be held within 30 days of a written request when an IEP is already in place.
7. Parents have the right to participate in the IEP meeting and have their opinions heard and noted.
6. Parents have the right to bring any person to an IEP meeting with knowledge of the child or the child’s disability including advocates and attorneys.
5. Parents have the right to review and receive copies of their child’s educational records.
Read more. Special Education Advisor