Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
MSDE Technical Assistance Bulletin November 2019 Secondary Transition is the process of preparing students for adult life after they leave high school. Transition planning begins in Maryland at age 14 as students explore and discover what they want their post-school goals and outcomes to be through career awareness activities.
By Amanda Morin Knowing the difference between an IEP meeting and a parent-teacher conference can help you make the most of both meetings.
Individualized Education Program (IEP) Progress Reports: How will you know if your child is making progress on IEP goals?
Why is making progress important? Making appropriate progress on IEP goals is the key to meaningful special education.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)