Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
The Maryland Transitioning Youth website is designed for families and youth with disabilities. It is loaded with information and resources for transition planning, postsecondary education, employment services, and much more. Visit. Transition Planning Guide: Preparing Students with Disabilities to Move from School to Appropriate Postsecondary Outcomes. Read more.
School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) programs exist throughout the county. What does PBIS emphasize? What outcomes are associated with implementation of a school-wide PBIS program?
Extended School Year (ESY) is the continuation of certain Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals related to critical life skills beyond the regular school year. ESY services will vary in intensity, location, inclusion of related services, and length of time, depending upon the student’s needs. Some examples of ESY services include speech therapy, occupational therapy, and…
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)