Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
The Disability Support Services (DSS) office at Howard Community College is pleased to announce that a new program to provide additional educational support for individuals on the autism spectrum will be offered starting this spring semester.
In the 2013-2014 school year, Maryland adopted the Common Core State Standards, designed to provide students with knowledge and skills needed for success in college and careers. Next year, Maryland will implement new statewide tests, PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) assessments
Howard County Public Schools offer a continuum of services for eligible children birth through five years of age who have developmental delays and/or autism or related disorders. The continuum provides for a range of services and methodologies. The frequency and intensity of services may be adjusted at any time based on the child’s needs.
Everyone is affected by bullying. The victim, the bully, and those who witness bullying suffer negative consequences. “Bullying can lead to low self-esteem, depression, isolation, and alienation in both the bully and the victim long after the incidents have ended. In addition, many victims of bullying do not want to come to school,
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(5)
- Autism Resources(12)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(44)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(19)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(52)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(32)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(20)