Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Each Howard County public school is assigned an instructional facilitator and a resource teacher to assist the special education team within the building. Parents are encouraged to know who to call for additional assistance from the Office of Special Education (or “central office”). See the 2018-2019 list of HCPSS Special Education Instructional Facilitator/Resource Teacher Assignments.
The Bullying, Harrassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form may be used to to report alleged bullying, harassment, or intimidation that occurred during the current school year on school property, at a school-sponsored activity or event off school property, on a school bus, or on the way to and/or from school;
If your child has a disability or you suspect he or she may have a disability, you may request that the school system evaluate your child. An evaluation is conducted free of charge by the county. Special education law requires the child be evaluated in all areas of suspected disability.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)