Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
by Lisa Brodjieski, M.S., CCC-SLP The 1997 revision of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) included many new requirements for school districts. One of those requirements is the group of “special factors,” which each IEP team must consider. Assistive technology is one of those special factors.
by Paul Livelli, Ph.D. Why Would He Want to Do That? As a behavioral and educational consultant, I am often asked to come into schools to look at programming for students with autism.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(39)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(37)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(49)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(27)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(17)