Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
In the 2013-2014 school year, Maryland adopted the Common Core State Standards, designed to provide students with knowledge and skills needed for success in college and careers. Next year, Maryland will implement new statewide tests, PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) assessments
Howard County Public Schools offer a continuum of services for eligible children birth through five years of age who have developmental delays and/or autism or related disorders. The continuum provides for a range of services and methodologies. The frequency and intensity of services may be adjusted at any time based on the child’s needs.
Everyone is affected by bullying. The victim, the bully, and those who witness bullying suffer negative consequences. “Bullying can lead to low self-esteem, depression, isolation, and alienation in both the bully and the victim long after the incidents have ended. In addition, many victims of bullying do not want to come to school,
A Handbook for Maryland Families and Professionals Disability Rights Maryland Every year Maryland school systems suspend thousands of students, many of whom have disabilities. When students are suspended they lose instructional time and their learning is interrupted. The shared goal of educators and families should be to keep students in school and learning.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)