Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Some students with disabilities need accommodations or modifications to their educational program in order to participate in the general curriculum and to be successful in school. While the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its regulations do not define accommodations or modifications, there is some agreement as to what they mean.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires that all children with disabilities must be educated in the least restrictive environment (LRE) that is appropriate for them. The spirit of this requirement is to ensure that children are not unnecessarily removed from the regular classroom or isolated from other non-disabled children of their age.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(34)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)