Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
The need for training and support applies to all school personnel, including bus drivers and school bus aides.
SECAC Forum Presented by the HCPSS Dept. of Special Education and Student Services and MSDE Division of Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability Dec. 8, 2014 The PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) assessments are coming.
Close adult supervision is a service provided to students to access instruction and/or be safe in the instructional setting. The need for close adult supervision services is reviewed on an annual basis at an IEP team meeting. The instrument that is used to determine whether HCPSS students quality for close adult supervision services is the Close Adult…
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)