Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Jessica Beder, Noodle.com In life, there may be nothing worse than feeling like you’re on the outside. Old or young, professionally or personally, the yearning to be accepted is among the most natural of all human emotions. It affects the development of our personal identities and often dictates how we measure our self-worth.
By Ginny Osewalt Paraprofessional is the fancy word to describe a host of people who surround and help your child every day at school. They are sometimes called classroom assistants, instructional aides, teacher assistants, and paraeducators.
By Ann McCarthy When problems with social skills impact your child’s success in school, addressing them should become part of the IEP. Write objectives to improve social skills as you would for academic skills. Once objectives exist in the IEP, your child’s team must provide explicit instruction to achieve them
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(34)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)