Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
by Ilana Danneman It’s become quite challenging to navigate our educational system. Between specialized testing, core curriculum objectives, increased diagnosis for kids with autism and SPD and the flurry of information we ingest every day, it’s no wonder we all feel a bit lost. So do our kids.
by Pam Wright Question: What can be included in the IEP accommodations? Can we stipulate in my daughter’s IEP that she will not be required to keep an assignment notebook, but will have the assignments posted on the web or emailed each day? Would the school legally be required to adhere to it?
Produced by the Maryland Disability Law Center “Advocating for ESY services for a student is similar to advocating for a regular school year IEP for a student. The program must be individualized to meet the student’s needs and it must be provided at no cost to the family. The salient question to be answered, however, is a little different.
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(5)
- Autism Resources(12)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(44)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(19)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(52)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(32)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(20)