Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
By Matthew Schinelli What is adapted physical education? “Adaptive physical education” refers to specially designed instruction based upon specific modifications to traditional instructional cues or curriculum skills.
By Carly Anderson In my career as an elementary school teacher and intervention coordinator, I’ve sat in hundreds of individualized education program (IEP) meetings. They’re a regular part of my weekly schedule.
For Children with Autism or a Related Disorder–Birth through Kindergarten ONLY Children who receive services through the HCPSS Infants and Toddlers program or a Regional Early Childhood Center with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or a related disorder may be eligible for collaborative funding. The reimbursement is for supplemental in-home Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)…
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(5)
- Autism Resources(12)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(44)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(19)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(52)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(32)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(20)