Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
by Holly Bortfeld Volunteering is essential for creating well-rounded adults. Volunteering not only teaches skills and keeps the volunteer engaged, but also benefits the larger community, spreads autism awareness, and can lead to new friendships.
By Lisa Carey, M.A., CILSE Education Consultant, and Amanda Hughes, M.Ed., 2016-2017 CILSE Fellow June 7, 2016 The Higher Education Opportunity Act (2008) defines Universal Design for Learning (UDL) as “a scientifically valid framework for instructional and learning environment design” that aims to help all students become expert learners
by Wrightslaw Social skill is not a “service” but a functional skill necessary for daily living activities. Your child’s IEP must include a description of her Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance. This means what her strengths and weaknesses are – both in academics and in functional areas like social skills.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(34)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)