Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Cynthia Terebush, CPC, CYPFC If you have a toddler at home, you may wonder how to begin selecting a preschool that’s a good match for her. What should you look for? Which factors matters most? What should you ask?
Friendship Circle Believe it or not, you should be getting notes home regarding setting up parent teacher conferences for your children any day now. This means that report card time is also quickly approaching. For parents of children with special needs, who have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan), you should also be receiving progress reports for your…
By Suzanne Whitney, Research Editor, Wrightslaw In this article, you’ll learn about requirements in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the No Child Left Behind Act for your child’s involvement in and progress in the general education curriculum.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(21)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(14)