Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
All Individualized Education Programs (IEP) written in Maryland follow a statewide format. Parents can refer to the Maryland Statewide IEP Process Guide to better understand the intent and purpose of each section of the statewide IEP as well as explanations of the IEP decision-making process.
By Matthew Schinelli What is adapted physical education? “Adaptive physical education” refers to specially designed instruction based upon specific modifications to traditional instructional cues or curriculum skills.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(39)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(37)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(49)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(27)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(17)