Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Assessment is a process of gathering information about what a child can and cannot yet do to inform instructional decisions. When assessing young children, the most accurate results are obtained when information is gathered by familiar people, in familiar settings, using familiar objects, while engaged in familiar activities.
by Jennifer Graham and Peter Wright, Esq. As we enter the second half of the school year, many parents hear the clock ticking louder and louder as graduation nears. We hope you have been working closely with your child’s IEP team through high school to ensure that appropriate transition goals have been established and your…
by Ilana Danneman It’s become quite challenging to navigate our educational system. Between specialized testing, core curriculum objectives, increased diagnosis for kids with autism and SPD and the flurry of information we ingest every day, it’s no wonder we all feel a bit lost. So do our kids.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)