Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Howard County Public School System students in grades 3-8 will take the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) tests in English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics. At the high school level, students will take PARCC assessments in Algebra I, Algebra II, English 10 and English 11.
Maryland State Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services July 2017 Maryland Guidance for Individualized Education Program (IEP) Teams on Participation Decisions for the Alternate Assessments is intended to help guide IEP teams as they determine whether the Maryland Alternate Assessments, assessments based on alternate academic achievement standards, are the appropriate assessments for individual students.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)