Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Presented by Morris Tranen at the Transition Symposium March 18, 2017 Self-employment is a vocational option for individuals with severe disabilities. The RISE Program facilitates and encourages the successful launch and operation of consumer-owned ventures.
March 16, 2017 Nancy FitzGerald, executive director of the HCPSS Department of Special Education & Student Services, and her team
Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee Report to the Howard County Board of Education and Priorities List, Winter 2017
Report and Recommendations Howard County Autism Society and Howard County Public School System In June 2014, a workgroup was formed to address concerns from parents, the Special Education Community Advisory Committee (SECAC), and the Howard County Autism Society (HCAS) with regard to the middle school experience for students with autism.
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(5)
- Autism Resources(12)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(44)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(19)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(52)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(32)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(20)