Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Howard County Public School System, Department of Special Education April 19, 2018 A change in practice has been implemented for students with disabilities who are seeking a high school diploma. This is NOT applicable to students who are not diploma bound. This practice applies to students who will not earn a diploma within four years. These…
Maryland State Department of Education The MSDE Transition Planning Guide for Individuals with Disabilities (2017) provides information to students, parents/guardians, educators, and community agencies about the transition process.
Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) March 22, 2018 Dr. Terrell Savage, HCPSS acting executive director of special education, and members of her staff shared school system efforts to support students requiring special education services, as outlined in the HCPSS Special Education Strategic Plan.
By Christie Timms Maryland Learning Links When child care providers have difficulties with children who have disabilities, it’s often a case of the provider simply never having worked with a child with a disability. Typically developing children are, of course, individuals – each their own flavor – but their profiles tend to fit into a…
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(39)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(37)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(49)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(27)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(17)