Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Presented by Leslie Seid Margolis, Managing Attorney, Disability Rights Maryland January 29, 2018 In July, a new Maryland law took effect to expand the rights of parents in the special education process—the right to consent or refuse to consent to certain actions proposed by the IEP team. In order to prepare parents for IEP discussions…
The Preschool Special Education Services Guide provides families with an overview of the steps in Maryland’s IEP team process for preschool children,
Disability Rights Maryland The Special Education Fact Sheet from Disability Rights Maryland provides guidance to parents so they can make better, informed decisions before signing the new consent prepared in the technical bulletin from MSDE.
A Guide for Administrators, Educators, Parents, and Community Members This document addresses school behavior. It includes information about behavior assessments, the intervention process and the disciplinary requirements for suspension, detentions, etc. according to the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(34)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)