Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
A Guide for Administrators, Educators, Parents, and Community Members This document addresses school behavior. It includes information about behavior assessments, the intervention process and the disciplinary requirements for suspension, detentions, etc. according to the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Making Access Happen Designed to support you in addressing behavior challenges with young children, each of the Making Access Happen behavior support segments uses a video scenario of a challenging behavior to anchor the learning, discussion, and resources that follow.
Tips for Parents and Caregivers from Disability Rights Maryland Taking part in fun, engaging activities outside the school day is good for all children. Giving young people with and without disabilities the opportunity to participate together is beneficial to all. Your child should be able to participate fully in an out-of-school-time program
Quick videos show families how to find learning moments in day-to-day activities. ReadyRosie is an early education tool that is currently helping schools and communities across the nation deepen and scale their parent engagement efforts by leveraging the power of video modeling and mobile technology to meet and equip parents where they are.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)