Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
A Guide for Students, Families, and Educators There are many pathways to achieve independence through higher education. The College for Students with Disabilities: A Guide for Students Families, and Educators from Maryville University gives you an idea of what to expect as you research your options.
Howard County Public School System, Department of Special Education April 19, 2018 A change in practice has been implemented for students with disabilities who are seeking a high school diploma. This is NOT applicable to students who are not diploma bound. This practice applies to students who will not earn a diploma within four years. These…
Maryland State Department of Education The MSDE Transition Planning Guide for Individuals with Disabilities (2017) provides information to students, parents/guardians, educators, and community agencies about the transition process.
Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) March 22, 2018 Dr. Terrell Savage, HCPSS acting executive director of special education, and members of her staff shared school system efforts to support students requiring special education services, as outlined in the HCPSS Special Education Strategic Plan.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)