Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Improving Outcomes for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities: Eligibility, Instruction, and Assessment
MSDE Technical Assistance Bulletin November 2019 The purpose of this technical assistance bulletin is to support Individualized Education Program (IEP) teams and school leaders in determining eligibility for, and in implementing, the Alternate Education Framework.
MSDE Technical Assistance Bulletin November 2019 Students with and without disabilities are assessed on their achievement of academic content standards; student performance informs instruction which is aligned with the core curriculum
by Jeff Martin, Esq. Essentially, IDEA 2004 requires the IEP team to formally and logically accept or reject any suggestions or requests that an IEP team member makes. (34 C.F.R. § 300.503.) As parents, we are members of the IEP team!
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(34)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(16)