Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
By Amanda Morin Understood It’s not uncommon for students who learn and think differently to also struggle with anxiety. They might worry a lot or be withdrawn at school. They may hesitate to participate in the classroom, make frequent trips to the bathroom or the nurse’s office, or even refuse to go to school at…
Online books designed to help students with disabilities learn to read The Tar Heel Reader is a collection of free, easy-to-read, and accessible books on a wide range of topics. The site, which was created by Karen Erickson of the Center for Literacy and Disability Studies and Gary Bishop of the department of computer science…
Understood.com If your child has an IEP, you’re probably familiar with the school evaluation process. The evaluation results help determine whether your child was eligible for special education. They also shape the goals in his IEP.
MSDE Technical Assistance Bulletin November 2019 Secondary Transition is the process of preparing students for adult life after they leave high school. Transition planning begins in Maryland at age 14 as students explore and discover what they want their post-school goals and outcomes to be through career awareness activities.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(39)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(37)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(49)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(27)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(17)