Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Special Education During the COVID19 Pandemic Webinar May 26, 2020 Leslie Seid Margolis, managing attorney for Disability Rights Maryland, discussed important MSDE updates to special education recommendations for continuity of learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. View the presentation slides
Parents have so many questions about their children’s special education rights and needs during this time of quarantine. Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge realized that parents did not know where to turn for answers to their questions so she decided to hold a town hall-style webinar and invited special education attorneys to answer parents’ questions.
Parents’ Place of Maryland The spread of COVID-19 has resulted in the closing of all schools while students try to navigate virtual/online instruction. Caregivers’ roles now include, parent, teacher, personal chef and teacher. All while many are trying to work from home. While most of us do not have a degree in Special Education,
by Pete & Pam Wright Wrightslaw.com We have new information from the U.S. Department of Education that will answer some of your questions and help get your child’s special education back on track when schools do re-open.
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(5)
- Autism Resources(12)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(24)
- COVID-19 Special Ed News(44)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(19)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(52)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(32)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(20)