- This event has passed.
What Is Your Life Plan? Webinar
January 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
HCAS Monthly Speaker Series
What Is Your Life Plan?
January 19, 2022 at 7pm – Via Zoom
CLICK HERE to register and receive the Zoom link by email
Part 1 of a two-part series for parents and guardians to think through the process of planning and preparing for the day when they are no longer there to care for their loved one. We’ll walk you through the initial steps to plan and communicate your vision for your loved one’s future, as well as working through the practical considerations. Date for Part 2 in Spring 2022 TBA.
James Curran and Monty Knittle, Curran Knittle Group – Harbor Investment Advisors
Kelly Nelson, Maryland ABLE Accounts
Mary O’Byrne and Sage Hart, O’Byrne Law LLC
Topics to be covered:
- Letter of Intent: how to communicate your desires for your young person and include important details to share with future caregivers after your death
- Wills and Special Needs Trusts – Where to begin?
- Guardianship /Alternatives to Guardianship – What’s the difference?
- Maryland ABLE Account – What is it and how can it benefit your loved one?
- Other important but difficult topics