- This event has passed.
Virtual Crafty Cakes Party!
August 10, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm$11
Join HCAS summer intern, Paul Leisawitz, and “Oh, What A Cake!” Owner & Pastry Chef, Marcia Thibodo, for an evening of creative fun! Learn about cake decorating from a trained pastry chef! You’ll register online then choose your theme to be included in the purchase of your customized Cake Kit (includes cake mix, frosting, picture of theme for cake topper, decorating utensils).
CLICK to register by 11:30pm on August 6 – $11/Participant
You’ll received by email:
- Receipt for Cake Kit pickup
- Videoconference login information
- Instructions on how to get ready for the party
Important things to know!
- Cake Kits must be picked between August 4-7 from 10am-4pm OR on Saturday, August 8th from 10am-2pm from: Oh, What A Cake!, 6656 Dobbin Road, Suite K, Columbia, MD 21045
- On August 10th, bake and cool your cake or cupcakes ahead of the class
- Assemble your decorating supplies (anything goes!)
- Don your pastry chef hat, join the party and unleash your creativity with helpful hints from Marcia
- Put the finishing touches on your masterpiece.
- Marvel at the artistry on display.
- Taste. Savor. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE PASTRY CHEF: Marcia Thibodo is a Columbia native. She graduated from Wilde Lake High School in 1983. After receiving a BS in Computer Science from UMBC, she worked as a computer programmer at Verizon for 19 years. In 2006, she left corporate America to follow her dreams. After completing Pastry Arts school, she opened Oh, What A Cake! in 2008. For almost 12 years Oh, What A Cake! has created custom cakes and cupcakes for all occasions.
- August 10, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 308
Columbia, MD 21046 United States