Let’s Get Busy
From its founding days, the Howard County Autism Society has been made strong by a dedicated group of volunteers. With the help of our many volunteers who contribute to every aspect of the organization-from advocacy, program planning, administrative duties, newsletter writing, and marketing to organizing social events, auctions, and major fundraising events-we are able to do expand our involvement in more areas than ever and provide our families with the best support possible.
Whether it is helping with advocacy, program and conference planning, public awareness campaigns, or transition and adult issues, we have a committee for you! If you are looking for a way to contribute, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available.
- Autism Walk & 5K Run (April) – join our planning committee or sign up to help the day of the event!
- Annual Pieces of the Puzzle Gala (April) – assist with all aspects of the event from soliciting auction donations, marketing, selling tickets to volunteering the day of the event!
- Autism Awareness Month – help HCAS build awareness of the autism community by distributing promotional literature, supporting informational sessions, marketing
- General Office Assistance – help with day-to-day duties such as mailing thank you letters, filing, database entry.
- Advocacy – Join HCAS as we advocate for improved services for persons with autism and other disabilities
- Fundraising – Organize your own fundraiser to benefit HCAS
- Marketing and Social Media – Lend your time and talents to spread the word about our services, programs and resources!