Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
With the recent headlines of another student with special education needs losing his life on a bus, it’s time to insist that transportation providers participate in the IEP team process. It’s time because we should not tolerate one more tragedy of a student with disabilities who loses their life for […] The post 5 Simple…
In 2012, when we set out to empower parents of children with disabilities, we knew the need was great. Every year, millions of children qualify to receive special education services through the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). But for many children, those services are routinely denied. While school districts […] The post YOUR SPECIAL…
From Understood Navigating your child’s IEP can be tricky. These printable downloads from Understood can help make the process easier. Use them to monitor your child’s progress, track communications with the school, and more.
By Andrew M.I. Lee, J.D. If your child struggles with behavior, you may worry about your child getting in trouble at school. Some schools have tried to be proactive and encourage good behavior through an approach called PBIS. PBIS stands for positive behavioral interventions and supports.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(14)