Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Presented by Leslie Margolis, Maryland Disability Law Center, on Oct. 27, 2014. Learn more about the rights discussed in the “Parental Rights Handbook” (blue book) offered at each IEP meeting. What rights do parents have in regard to written notice, consent, evaluations,
In response to an increasing number of complaints, federal officials are reminding the nation’s schools of their responsibilities to ensure that students with disabilities are not subjected to bullying.
Some students with disabilities need accommodations or modifications to their educational program in order to participate in the general curriculum and to be successful in school. While the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its regulations do not define accommodations or modifications, there is some agreement as to what they mean.
- Accommodations & Modifications(12)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(4)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(23)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(14)