Essential resources for understanding the world of special education in Howard County and beyond.
Understood.com If your child has an IEP, you’re probably familiar with the school evaluation process. The evaluation results help determine whether your child was eligible for special education. They also shape the goals in his IEP.
MSDE Technical Assistance Bulletin November 2019 Secondary Transition is the process of preparing students for adult life after they leave high school. Transition planning begins in Maryland at age 14 as students explore and discover what they want their post-school goals and outcomes to be through career awareness activities.
By Amanda Morin Knowing the difference between an IEP meeting and a parent-teacher conference can help you make the most of both meetings.
- Accommodations & Modifications(11)
- ADD / ADHD / Learning Disabilities(3)
- Autism Resources(44)
- Behavior & Discipline Issues(22)
- Common Core Standards(6)
- HCPSS Dept. of Special Education(36)
- High Stakes Testing(13)
- IEP / IFSP / 504 Basics(47)
- Mediation & Due Process(8)
- Parent to Parent Tips(26)
- Pieces of the Puzzle Gala(2)
- Procedural Safeguards(9)
- School 411(8)
- Spanish & Korean Language Resources(7)
- Special Education Services(11)
- Videos and Webinars of Support Group Meetings and Advocacy Workshops(14)